Principal Project Engineer (Signalling)
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
A new and exciting opportunity has arisen as a Principal Project Engineer based in London. The Principal Project Engineer will join an organisation that is a Tier 1 contractor to work on major re-signalling projects in the UK, including being the focal point of contact for clients to resolve technical issues.
The successful candidate will be leading the engineering delivery of a project, including support of the onsite construction activities and project integration activities. The Principal Project Engineer is also required to support the integration of the project design activities and support the Project Management teams to achieve the on-time delivery of the project.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Establish an Engineering Management strategy for multisite Programs/Projects.
- Review documentation and challenge technical choices across all disciplines
- Act as Technical Manager for Tenders including establishing customer requirements and developing the cost and schedule for all Engineering activities.
- Organise, lead, manage and motivate the engineering team on a project
- Support Signalling Systems & Infrastructure business development
- Support Competence Manager with the execution of the IRSE (Institute of Railway Signalling Engineers) licensing scheme
- Undertake mentorship, coaching and give seminars to support the succession planning throughout the Engineering business
- Must have experience of leading the Engineering Delivery on large multidisciplinary projects
- Must be able to develop System Specification and Requirements
- Must be able to develop engineering strategy and identify and manage technical risks
- Senior Engineering Manager (Projects) (7.8.230F) or Engineering Manager (Projects) (7.8.110F) IRSE licence
- Corporate membership of the IRSE with IEng or higher
- Meng or BEng degree level education in engineering discipline
- Valid PTS (Personal Track Safety) Certificate
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Sam Blair at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search