Principal River Engineer
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Job Title: Principal River Engineer
Salary: £45-60k (experience dependant)
Location: Leeds, United Kingdom
(Other location that may be considered include Manchester, Glasgow, Edinburgh, Bristol, or London)
Employment type: Permanent Full-time
Grade: Senior to Principal
Employment type: Permanent Full-time / Hybrid
Hours per week: Up to 37.5 (part-time applications welcomed)
Please note applicants would need to be eligible to work in the UK without sponsorship and already have UK sector experience to be considered.
Our client is currently looking for a talented and motivated Principal River Engineer to join their Flooding and Water Management Team in Leeds.
You’ll be working for a top ten civil engineering firm (recognised by New Civil Engineer, (NCE). You will experience an inclusive, friendly, and flexible working environment where colleagues are encouraged to grow and develop. A meaningful job where you’ll help to transform society by being a trusted consultant to our clients.
Core duties and responsibilities will include:
– You will join our Flood and Water Management team of engineers, hydraulic modellers, and hydrologists.
– Leading on the preparation of engineering studies and calculations and outline to detailed civil engineering designs, overseeing the production of design specifications, drawings, and schedules.
– You will be the go-to person in the team for all matters relating to flood infrastructure and river restoration design.
– You will work in close partnership with our clients and contractors, building strong relationships that will enhance the company’s reputation and help secure further work.
– Lead in project technical meetings, supervise the work of less experienced colleagues and provide technical and professional guidance to aid their development.
-This role will present you with a fantastic opportunity to further develop your technical and management skills whilst supporting our continued team growth.
To be successful in this role you’ll possess:
- HNC/D or Degree in Civil Engineering.
- Chartered Engineer Status with a relevant professional institution.
- Several years relevant industry experience.
- Experience of working as part of an engineering consultancy within the water industry, including multi-disciplinary schemes.
- Knowledge of flood and coastal erosion risk management.
- Knowledge and experience of flood defence infrastructure, watercourse, and wastewater infrastructure design, including an understanding of the basics and the integration of multidisciplinary elements including process engineering and MEICA.
- Knowledge and experience of the stages of design throughout the project life cycle.
- Strong interpersonal/team working skills with a good working relationship with all levels of an organisation, clients, and contractors.
- Experience of project managing design schemes in this environment including management of stakeholders and clients.
- Understanding of designer’s responsibilities under CDM regulations.
- Experience in design, contract and preparation, tender assessment, and contract administration.
- Experience in site supervision / management of contractors.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search