Principal Structural Engineer
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Principal Structural Engineer
Permanent – £55,000 – £75,000 (depending on level of experience)
My client is looking for an experienced Structural engineer looking to join a rapidly expanding consultancy based out in Kingston-Upon-Thames.
The key purpose of this role is to deliver innovative civil/structural engineering designs on all the projects you are responsible for. Your designs must be innovative, sustainable and intelligent and must meet fee and client budgets whilst exceeding all stakeholder expectations.
- Relevant Structural design experience in a consultancy.
- Experience of executing, leading and managing the design of projects within rail/energy/infrastructure sectors.
- Experience of managing a team of engineers and technicians and evidence of developing their skills and knowledge.
- Knowledge and expertise of design analysis software.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Strong written and verbal skills.
- Strong analytical and design skills with the ability to interpret design requirements and analyse complex structures.
- A high level of computer literacy with experience of relevant up-to-date engineering design software.
- Experience of producing simple, clear calculations and drawings.
- Strong health and safety management experience including management and maintenance of CDM Risk Registers.
- An adaptable and flexible working style with the ability to develop and foster collaborative working relationships.
- Experience of mentoring and coaching junior engineers and technicians
- Experience of preparing bid proposals.
- The ability to confidently present ideas, opinions and solutions
- Experience of monitoring compliance with design, statutory professional requirements.
- Experience of attending design review and constructability meetings with clients including Network Rail, Tier One/Principal Contractors as well as national and local authorities.
- Ability to represent the company on site visits/surveys (sometimes in unsociable hours) in a professional manner.
- Having a current clean UK driving license for travel throughout the UK to visit sites and carry out inspections from time to time is essential.
- A Masters level degree in Civil or Structural Engineering.
- Membership of a relevant professional body (ICE or IStructE) or near chartered.
- Experience of effective financial management and control of projects.
- Degree level qualification in Civil or Structural Engineering
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search