Principal Systems Engineer
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting position has become available for a Principal Systems Engineer based in Hatfield. The Principal Systems Engineer will lead the development of system delivery elements and will work with the Systems Engineering Manager on projects.
The successful candidate will lead the development and improvement of tools and processes within the business. They will also assist in ensuring tools and processes remain fit for purpose by leading regular reviews.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Planning and delivery of project solutions
- Lead the development of new system solutions
- Liaise with other engineering groups on issues such as EMC compatibility
- Ensure delivery of standardised objectives
- Undertake day to day management, annual appraisals, and proactive development of allocated staff
- Management of allocated development or project delivery work packages to quality, cost, and delivery objectives
- MSc or BSc level education in an engineering related subject, preferably control systems/electrical engineering/systems engineering
- High degree of computer and software literacy
- Knowledge of the UK railway safety approval processes
- Good knowledge of systems engineering principles
- IRSE Systems or Engineering Managers license
- Chartered Engineer or Incorporated Engineer
- Valid PTS
- Corporate member of an engineering institute
- Audit skills
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Sam Riley at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search