Principles Functional Tester
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An innovative role has become available for a Signalling Principle Tester based in Derby. The Signalling Principle Tester will join a market leading organisation’s signalling office and work with some of the latest signalling equipment on the current market.
The successful candidate will be working in a team reporting to the Data Testing Manager and may be responsible for a team of up to four testers. The Signalling Principles Tester will be responsible for the management structure of the team on the allocated project/s.
Key Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Ensuring signalling projects testing (Principle data) is managed and delivered on time to the client’s standards
- Responsible for the complete testing of the signalling scheme
- Supporting commissioning requirements required
- Manage and motivate staff in your team, including undertaking all staff management duties
- Provide forecasts of data testing and resource requirements
- Liaise with the project team for potential resolution and support
- Comply with all relevant health and safety measures in all activities undertaken
- Successful Principle testing experience
- Competent with complex works in principle testing
- A Functional Testers License
- A Mod 2 License 1.3.180
- A IOSH Managing Safety
- Driving License
- Associate member of IRSE
- Valid PTS ac/dc certificate
- Have experience report writing
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Lily Kaye at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search