Project Engineer (London, Birmingham, Derby, York)
An opportunity to join a tier one signalling contractor and help deliver their eastern portfolio for the next five years as power engineer. This is due to having a major growth period and signalling contracts being awarded. For this role, you must have experience of Project Engineering, Design, Installation or Test on signalling projects.
- Support the Project Engineering Manager or Principal Project Engineer to deliver the Project Engineering activities on a project.
- Undertake design reviews on behalf of the Project Engineering Manager or Principal Project Engineer to ensure that Design is delivered to programme and the output is compliant with defined scope and the applicable standards. Ensure integration of design, installation and testing activities and that the end product meets the client specification and has technical integrity.
- Implement and maintain best practice signalling engineering processes as part of a continual improvement plan to increase efficiency and minimize cost of non-quality and technical / delivery risk. Carry out technical audits as required as a means of ensuring the project is following agreed applicable standards and practices. with the production and identification of RAMS (Reliability, Availability, Maintainability and Safety) analysis, Management of project FRACAS (Failure Reporting, Analysis and Corrective Action System), system risk, risk mitigation, method statements and work package plans.
- Support SS&I business development with tendering activities ensuring the quality of estimates, system description, system architectures, implementation strategies and methodologies.
- Support the Competence Manager with the execution of the IRSE licensing scheme and the internal competence management scheme.
- Ensure engineering delivery and technical change is integrated with design, possession planning, installation, test, other disciplines and provide a mechanism for effective communications throughout the SS&I business.
- Highlight and document project derogations or temporary non-compliances as required by the Principal Project Engineer.
- The role is based at a project location within the UK and travel to other project locations, client offices and design offices will need to be undertaken when necessary.
- Must have experience of Project Engineering, Design, Installation or Test on signalling projects.
- Must be able to develop System Specification and Requirements
- Ability to characterise and manage requirements throughout the system lifecycle
- Must be able to as part of a team to reach the best technical decision, accounting for all constraints, and to challenge when necessary
- Review documentation and challenge technical choices across all disciplines
- Act as technical manager for small tenders including establishing customer requirements and developing the cost and schedule for all Engineering activities.
- Define priorities, including for multidimensional and ambiguous problems/issues.
- Negotiating and agreeing on activities and deliveries contents with stakeholders such as Project/Program Manager, Safety, V&V, RAM, Sub-systems and Product in establishing the engineering strategy and resolution of technical risks.
APPLY NOW or give Sam Blair a call at Advance TRS for more information
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search