Project Leader Electrical Engineer
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Project Leader Electrical Engineer
As an Electrical Engineer, you will be working in a creative and challenging environment, delivering a wide range of projects across Northumbrian Water, Yorkshire Water and United Utilities frameworks.
Responsible for the delivery of efficient and sustainable solutions, you will support in the delivery of work with multi-disciplinary project teams from project inception through to completion of construction.
Your typical duties and responsibilities will include:
- Preparation and/or supervision of the development of drawings for plant general arrangements, power single line diagrams, cable block diagrams, instrumentation loop diagrams, P&IDs, control system architecture drawings, and cable, instrument, and I/O schedules.
- Managing the interfaces and integration of the EICA design with that of other disciplines and production of documentation, including user requirement specifications / control philosophies, tender documentation, schedules and design reports.
- Undertaking asset condition surveys and attending factory and site acceptance tests to provide technical advice and guidance.
- Representing the company in client meetings, mentoring junior team members, and providing technical and professional guidance to assist their development.
- Providing design support to the site team during the construction stage and you will be integral in contributing towards successful project close-outs and post-project reviews.
You will be preferably chartered with the IET or showing demonstrable progress towards chartership with a good technical knowledge of electrical and ICA (EICA) engineering, being able to advise other disciplines regarding aspects of their design as it impacts EICA engineering issues.
They will support your development in technical, management or commercial/client-facing directions, or a combination thereof – you will have control of your own career path.
- Qualified design engineer (preferably Incorporated, Chartered or working towards).
- Water or wastewater non-infrastructure and infrastructure design experience.
- Experience of successfully delivering high quality outputs in accordance with design, quality and safety standards.
- A strong team player with excellent communication skills.
- Commercial and contractual awareness with an understanding of programmes to deliver on time and within budget.
- An understanding of procurement and construction with experience in delivering safe and efficient innovative and sustainable solutions.
- Proactive approach and growth mindset, with an ability to adapt to changing scenarios.
Benefits they can offer:
– Pension matched up to 7%.
– Competitive annual leave and the option to purchase additional annual leave.
– An annual professional institution subscription.
– Life insurance.
– Enhanced parental leave.
– Annual company performance bonus scheme – Subject to company performance.
– Flexible benefits scheme to suit you, including cycle to work & Interest free season ticket loans etc.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search