Technical recruiters for the built environment
The Central region of a major public sector framework main contract construction group have secured a new build education scheme in Oxford. They have identified the need to recruit a Project Manager to lead the full project life cycle of the scheme which consists of new build education commercial and light laboratory facility, and Basement. The scheme is valued in excess of £30M and is set to commence on site in Mar 2023. This project has a large footprint, challenging ground conditions and major sewer diverts, you will need to possess strong substructure project experience.
To deliver a quality service and product to their clients in line with the project goals by working with the project team and applying company culture, systems and procedures. Leading the full project life cycle from initial pre construction programming and design through to post contract operational delivery.
- To take full project responsibility for the delivery of projects, reporting to the Regional Construction Director/Divisional Director as required
- Take full ownership of the contract programme including design, procurement, construction, and handover to ensure delivery on time
- In conjunction with the appropriate Director ensure the client is kept fully appraised of progress
- Ensure full compliance with the quality management system and that the highest quality is achieved, including delivery of the Absolute Completion process
- Produce reports for the monthly project review meetings to the company standard format. Review to include commercial performance, safety, planning, programming, and sequencing of works.
- Ensure the highest standard of external project reporting, precisely detailing and advising on project progress, key issues, completion date, cost and health & safety
- Ensure robust risk management is adopted, identification of potential risks and issues in accordance with the CMS
- Implementing risk mitigation strategies to ensure quality, timely and cost-effective delivery
- Proactive technical support to project teams to enable their understanding in anticipating and resolving issues and risks
- Ensure projects are completed to the highest quality and on or ahead of programme, that the appropriate documentation is available at completion and that the customer’s project objectives have been satisfied
- Ensure full compliance with current management systems and procedures
- Be aware of the requirements of the Considerate Constructors scheme and ensure standards are maintained to achieve the stated regional KPI
- With line manager support ensure the project is properly resourced in terms of delivery and safety.
- Manage project construction teams in line with the values and culture of the company
- Provide effective feedback to project teams and individuals
Skills & Experience:
- Experience of delivering main contract new build construction projects exceeding £20M in value
- Experience in all forms of contract, primarily JCT Traditional and Design & Build
- Ability to cultivate relationships with framework clients/consultants and suppliers which will raise the profile of the business and lead to new opportunities.
- Evidence of strong interpersonal and people management skills are essential
- Ability to multi-task
- Ability to understand the wider picture whilst devoting attention to detail
- Proactive, diligent, able and willing to think ahead
- Attitude: characterised by enthusiasm, commitment to personal and divisional success
- Values: the person must understand the values of the company and respond positively
- Commercial awareness: understanding and ability to make profit whilst retaining relationships and company values
- Quality driven; demonstrates attitude and experience of delivery projects based on quality, attention to detail and client satisfaction.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Ideally Degree or HND/HNC or NVQ 6 qualified
- Minimum 5 years post qualification experience with a main contract organisation
- CSCS Card holder
- Full project life cycle experience (pre and post contract delivery
- Experience within public sector framework contracting
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search