Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen as a Quantity Surveyor based in London. The Quantity Surveyor will report directly to the Commercial Manager or Lead Quantity Surveyor.
The successful candidate will provide support and assistance to the Commercial Manager and/or Lead Quantity Surveyor to optimise margin on a project while protecting the project from commercial risk.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Proactively administer sub-contract accounts from project start up through to final account
- Participate in the production of monthly project reviews and work package management reviews
- Review commercial processes and procedures to ensure enhancement of continuous improvement
- Provide records which identify progress, delays, and controlled change management
- Negotiate settlement of project sub-contract accounts in order to achieve early resolution
- Educated to graduate entry degree level or equivalent
- Experience working in a contracting commercial department
- Understanding and knowledge of tendering and pre-contract cost analysis
- Working knowledge of construction industry standard forms of contract and commercial terms
- Up to date Continuing Professional Development records
- Experience working on target cost or design and construct contracts
- Graduate or affiliate membership recognition by a Quantity Surveying institution
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Victoria Bartram at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search