Rail Engineering Manager – CEM
Advance TRS are delighted to be recruiting, on behalf of a Tier 1 contractor for an Engineering Manager, located from an office in either Birmingham or Doncaster.
The role, will focus on GRIP stages 2-5 of P-Way renewals on a major UK project will provide technical assurance and performance for the project and is vital in ensuring that both technical design and delivery is achievable.
This includes the organisation of the technical design and delivery by both internal and external supply chain. The Engineering Manager will also be appointed as the Contractors Engineering Manager (CEM) will be expected to deliver the accountabilities and responsibilities for this role as defined within the required Network Rail standards.
- Leadership and management of engineering resource
- Effective liaison, interaction and engagement with the Head of Engineering and other engineering managers on the project.
- Ensuring design is delivered in accordance with appropriate guidance, standards and client requirements.
- Provide strategic direction to the region’s Engineering Team on areas of both design and delivery.
- Identifying, managing and maintaining in conjunction with the Head of Engineering and the other Engineering managers, appropriate engineering and technical resources in terms of number of people, capability and experience to undertake all of the technical roles across region.
- Proposing and agreeing Design CRE appointments in conjunction with the Head of Engineering and design team.
- Coordination of quality information provided by the delivery teams to facilitate handover to Network Rail.
- Being the single point of contact for all strategic technical matters for Region.
- Resolving technical issues and optimising solutions to deliver Value for Money for the benefit of Region and the overall programme.
- Play a leading role in the effective management of change within Region, including liaison with the Head of Engineering and where delegated approving change on behalf of the Technical function.
- Identifying, managing and reporting on key technical risks.
- Leading the implementation and application of Digital Engineering and Information management across Region.
- Ensuring all technical requirements within Region are identified, captured and understood with a clear understanding of the contractual requirements.
- Challenging ideas and the robustness of solutions proposed.
- Leading the technical design, planning, control and assurance of the design, manufacturing, delivery and handover on Region.
- Driving quality and compliance documentation through progressive completions and commissioning.
- Can innovate and lead others to innovative solutions to deliver improvements
- Recognised for their extensive knowledge of methods / practices and ability to solve complex challenges.
The successful applicant will have:
- Relevant rail design and construction experience of major projects.
- Working knowledge of relevant Network Rail Standards .
- Degree qualified or holds equivalent experience / transferable skills.
- Professionally qualified.
- Excellent track record of performing a senior leadership role
- Experience in the definition and implementation of Risk and Change Management.
- Understanding of the programme operations with a strong network and ability to influence and leverage value
- Commercial and procurement awareness.
- Conflict resolution and management skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search