Senior Civil Engineer (Water)
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Are you a Civil Engineer with experience in the technical delivery and management of water engineering projects and looking for a new challenge where you can thrive within a diverse and growing team?
If yes, we have an exciting opportunity for you to join our clients’ established Water team in Basingstoke.
What can our client offer?
Opportunities to work with some of the UK water industry’s largest clients delivering designs with a focus on providing innovative and sustainable solutions delivered on collaborative platforms
You will have the opportunity to work on some of the most high – profile projects for the UK’s largest water companies such as:
Thames Water – our client has positions across all scales of delivery including major projects such as Mogden STW upgrade, Thames Tideway Tunnel, Deephams STW upgrade and ‘Capital Delivery’ infra and non-infra schemes across the Thames region.
Wessex Water – our client has been appointed on several AMP7 frameworks, including the Capital Delivery framework.
Severn Trent Water – our client has been appointed on major schemes Lot 1 of Severn Trent Water’s new Design Services Framework for AMP7. Their portfolio of projects is building rapidly.
Opportunities for professional development, growing your career whilst contributing to our client’s delivery excellence from day 1
Key areas of accountability:
- Be the lead design engineer on small to medium size projects, coordinating internal multi-discipline design teams and interfaces with clients and other project delivery stakeholders.
- Work alongside our clients’ project managers and lead design engineers to provide technical decisions at key design stages for some of their largest and most complex water and wastewater utility projects.
- Provide the technical input into proposals, feasibility studies, reference designs, detailed designs, and preparing reports and technical specifications.
- Mentor, oversee or manage design staff, using your knowledge of design processes and excellent communication skills.
- Be a core member of the regional water engineering team, ranging from graduates to industry experts, that deliver design work for water company AMP8 requirements and beyond.
- Be part of our clients’ wider technical practice network, enabling you to build your knowledge, skills and career with like-minded engineers globally.
- Support growth of our clients’ regional water engineering team by bringing your individual strengths and passions
Our client would be looking for you to;
- Be an engineer or senior engineer in civil engineering with experience in the water industry
- Have demonstrable experience in water and wastewater networks and treatment works designs and one of more of the following: hydraulics design, trunk mains, gravity mains, pump stations, multi-disciplinary engineering design
- Be proactive in proposing new approaches or ways of working to solve problems,
- Have strong communication, influencing, and interpersonal skills to collaborate with colleagues, clients and stakeholders
- Deliver continuous professional development and take an active approach to drive development of more junior staff in the team
- Be a Chartered or Incorporated Engineer or be actively working towards this status
- Be a degree qualified professional, with a BSc, BEng or MEng in Civil Engineering or equivalent
Your benefits will include:
As well as receiving a competitive salary, you’ll also have the opportunity to explore flexible working arrangements. Core benefits include 25 days’ annual leave, company pension scheme, private medical insurance, life assurance and one paid annual professional institution membership fee. You can also choose from a wide range of flexible benefits to suit your lifestyle.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search