Senior Civil Hydraulics Engineer
Website AdvanceTRS Advance Training and Recruitment Services
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Focusing on Civil Engineering Hydraulics, the role will provide the capability needed to:
- Undertake feasibility assessment and provide concept and outline design of engineering solutions to address identified business needs
- Get the right technical requirements within project definition briefs
- Input and continuously improve technical asset standards
- Provide technical assurance during the delivery, commissioning, and handover of assets
- Drive the digital advancement of our engineering within the corporate digital strategy by inputting the development of digital twins in some of our plants
- Ensure and deliver the engineering regulatory compliance on relevant assets in the civil engineering area
Key areas of accountability include:
- Collate and interpret data such as as-built drawings and operational data required to establish the hydraulic capacity of existing assets
- Undertake hydraulic capacity assessments of water and wastewater treatment works
- Engage with the wastewater network modelling team to establish flows arriving at wastewater treatment works
- Engage and liaise with internal stakeholders such as Operations and System Planning
- Undertake root cause analyses to fully understand the causes/sources of the engineering issues affecting the performance of existing assets and develop the most viable solution
- Support junior engineers with their project deliverables
- Lead and take ownership of hydraulic studies
We’re looking for you to
- Be a recognised senior engineer in civil engineering hydraulics with significant knowledge of the water industry
- Degree level qualification or equivalent in a relevant engineering discipline and preferably chartered
- Good understanding of analysis, design, and operation of water supply and sewer networks
- Previous knowledge in water and wastewater treatment works design
- Previous knowledge in undertaking a hydraulic assessment of water and wastewater treatment works
- Possess the skills and knowledge to identify and assess the effect of complex hydraulic phenomena such as surge, vortex, and air entrainment in the operation of water and wastewater systems
- Be familiar with the water industry regulatory framework and regulators (Environment Agency, Ofwat, DWI)
- Possess the ability to work with multidisciplinary teams, communicate own ideas, and influence decisions
- Previous experience in undertaking transient analysis and developing surge protection measures is preferable
- Ability to manage own time and junior engineers when working on multiple projects
What’s in it for you?
This is a fantastic opportunity to join the newly established Engineering team who are responsible for providing technical expertise to the business. You can help shape the new engineering function and design solutions for implementation as part of a comprehensive portfolio of projects.
Our competitive salary package includes an excellent contributory pension, 26 days holiday per year increasing to 30 with the length of service, and a wider benefits scheme including our benefits hub, which is packed full of offers and information to save you money and support your wellbeing.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search