Senior Cleanwater Modeller (Infoworks WS)
Overview of the role
This role involves using InfoWorks WS PRO Hydraulic models of the Water Distribution System in conjunction with other company data systems to:
- Identify investment opportunities in our water supply network to deliver efficiencies and improve our performance against measured indicators.
- Developing the network to accommodate new development and changes in resource availability which may require additional infrastructure
- Recommending temporary reconfiguration for maintenance or incident management.
The role is required to be part of the Out of hour’s Standby Rota.
- Demonstrable expertise in hydraulic modelling is essential.
- It is preferable for the role holder to have an appropriate degree or other technical qualification, otherwise the role requires several years’ water network experience.
- Project management experience also of benefit.
- A wider understanding of operational and asset management aspects of the business is expected.
- Ability to communicate and present complex analysis and recommendations up to senior manager level.
- Good IT and analytical skills
Complex modelling/ network assessments to support:
- Leakage Strategy by improving flow monitoring, DMA re‐organisation and pressure management
- Scheme selection and benefits evaluation
- Operational risk modelling
- Review and refining reinforcement requirements for new developments in conjunction with mains renewals, strategic mains, DMA reorganisation and the location of areas of growth
- Modelling/network assessment to support DG2 investigations and scoping of schemes within Asset Planning.
- Develop scopes of works for minor improvement schemes to issue to Engineering Planning the replacement of both trunk main and DMA meters
- Project management and project forecasting to support network optimisation strategies, such as Smart networks
- Site visits to confirm current network configuration
- Regular liaison and communication with wholesale staff (operational, engineering, other Asset management teams, and key suppliers)
- Network related data requirements definition, collation, and analysis.
- Day to day management of up to 2 hydraulic modellers or hydraulic modelling technicians
Other duties may include
- Carry out model updates, as required, using GIS, Scopex, Aquanet and pressure logging software.
- Assess developer enquiries using all mains models and identify local reinforcement required to maintain levels of service.
- Incident assessments to calculate interruptions property minutes.
- Providing modelling support to other departments
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search