Senior Environmental and Sustainability Analyst
Senior Environmental and Sustainability Analyst
£30,000 – £50,000, depending on level of experience
Would you like to support the growth of Environmental Services? Do you have a passion for sustainable environmental management?
My client is keen on securing a candidate for a role responsible for team leadership and technical delivery of Environmental Services based in Leeds.
They have a particular focus on water-related projects, including fluvial and coastal flood defence and other infrastructure schemes, such as habitat creation initiatives, river restoration and WFD schemes. They have recently been successful in being appointed to a range of the Environment Agency’s national frameworks.
The role will be as a Senior Environmental Advisor working as part of the team in their Leeds office. The role will be supporting their Design and Build Joint Venture and the wider company where there is a wealth of interesting and challenging projects.
You will be involved in a range of projects both within their Joint venture where they design and build projects.
Some of the schemes you may work on may include:
- Flood Risk Management
- Mine water treatment
- River restoration
- Natural Flood Management
- Carbon and sustainability assessments.
You will be supporting project teams with timely environmental advice and information into the design and project planning process through the coordination of technical specialists and your own experience. This will include taking a project from conception, optioneering through the assessment and design stages onwards to construction and into an operational state. This will involve delivering planning applications, EIAs, permits and consulting with regulators and stakeholders.
The role will focus on assessing the environmental impacts of flood alleviation and water treatment schemes so some knowledge of specialist inputs such as Environmental Management, Water Quality, Ecology, Landscape, Heritage would be advantageous. Experience working within the construction sector would also be beneficial. You will work closely with design and engineering teams to achieve the best possible environmental outcomes for each project this includes driving into the project, carbon reductions and offsetting, biodiversity net gain and social value.
- Manage Planning and Environmental Impact assessments both statutory and non-statutory.
- Conduct Site inspections and Audits, record positive interventions, incidents and help with Root Cause Analysis where necessary.
- Liaise with the project teams and potentially the client to determine the scope of environmental requirements.
- Project manage scope and costs to agreed budgets when dealing with specialists, be commercially and contract aware.
- Organise environmental surveys from a range of specialists, Ecology, Contaminated Land, Hydro-ecology, Heritage etc
- Undertake liaison and consultation with stakeholders and regulators.
- Ensure that all findings from these surveys are timely completed and communicated to project teams in verbal and formal written reports.
- Ensure that the design of schemes has considered all relevant environmental legislation and client requirements.
- Drive innovations for environmental benefits, reduction in carbon, promote biodiversity net gain and social value into projects.
- Conduct handover meetings with construction teams.
- Support site managers during construction with any environmental issues on site
- Help lead the way by taking on initiatives to incorporate sustainable development into our systems; examples may include carbon reduction, circular economy and waste.
The Right Candidate:
- Extensive proven experience working in an environmental field preferably in Environmental Impact Assessment or construction environmental management.
- A broad knowledge of the environmental consultancy sector and a proven track record in environmental delivery (knowledge of EIA, landscape design/assessment and/or ecological consultancy would be desirable).
- A degree (or equivalent) in a relevant discipline and full membership of the Institute of Environmental Management and Assessment (IEMA), the Landscape Institute or the Society for the Environment (SocEnv).
- Experience in Environmental Impact Assessment (EIA) and Environmental Management Systems is advantageous.
- A valid UK driving licence is required for this role.
- Competent IT skills.
- Have a proactive attitude and love solving problems.
- Are not scared of being challenged to go outside of their comfort zone.
- Are highly organised with strong attention to detail.
- Can manage complex workloads.
- Can work collaboratively in teams.
- Are a strong and clear communicator.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search