Senior Optimisation Engineer
Home working and anywhere within the Anglian Water Region (Lincoln, Peterborough, Huntingdon, Milton Keynes, Norwich)
Full time, 37 Hours a week
Our clients’ Cleanwater Network Optimisation Team focus’ on driving efficiencies through smart ways by delivering Smart projects and solutions to make the system better.
As part of a wider team of Engineers within the Smart Asset and Operations team, you will be responsible for leading strategic programmes and providing technical leadership. You will identify, investigate, deliver and quantify Smart Water Systems opportunities and manage innovative projects. You will have the ability to develop specific and tailored solutions that are cost effective and efficient within agreed timescales and cost constraints utilising the appropriate delivery route.
The role will have a general water engineering knowledge and consider opportunities and projects across the water system from Source to Tap. The role will also be able to demonstrate a high level of expertise in hydraulic modelling and project delivery. Although you will be expected to work across our clients’ programme (covering sensors, predictive analytics, condition monitoring and innovation) you will lead either the Near Real Time hydraulic modelling project or take on the role of technical lead to support the wider programme and engineers.
You will also provide support to the Smart Asset and Operations Manager both in ensuring opportunities are identified and prioritised and that programme areas are delivered effectively, and by ensuring resources within the team are utilised effectively and supported appropriately.
Using technical and process experience, you will provide support to the Water Optimisation Team and Water Business Stream in relation to the reduction of operating costs of the water system. The role will enable integration and collaboration across the various Water Sub-Business streams and wider key stakeholder areas. The role will support embedding of new technologies and solutions to facilitate the efficient operation of our system and drive our journey to the more challenging ODI’s, such as leakage.
As a valued employee, you’ll be entitled to:
- Personal private health care
- 26 days annual leave – rising with length of service
- Flexible working
- Competitive pension scheme – our client double-matches your contributions up to 6%
- Bonus scheme
- Flexible benefits to support your wellbeing and lifestyle.
What does it take to be a Senior Optimisation Engineer?
- Strong technical knowledge and operational experience of water assets and systems from Source to Tap
- Extensive experience of using Hydraulic Modelling and developing Near Real Time models
- Sound technical knowledge of analysis techniques, how to use geospatial information and various data modelling tools
- Proven track record of identifying and delivering projects
- Able to demonstrate a clear understanding of Source to Tap optimisation strategy
- Proven financial management skills and have the ability to control a project budget
- Strong analytical skills including data manipulation
- Good understanding of IT applications and systems
- Excellent communicator at all levels
- Ability to deal with a range of stakeholders including external groups
- Able to challenge and collaborate constructively
- Opportunities are open to all suitably qualified candidates.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search