Senior Project Manager
Website AdvanceTRS Advance Training and Recruitment Services
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Advance TRS Construction are proudly partnering this renowned and industry leading major international main contracting group to identify a Project Manager to lead a c£20M new build commercial scheme in North Acton.
The scheme will sit adjacent to a major new Data Centre, this project is for a PM to lead and manage the separate construction of an office on the site so not the data centre itself. This role will need a PM who is used to strict KPIs over programme management, possesses core stakeholder management capabilities and is well versed in managing large amounts of change management, all aspects of a specific project or set of projects. Ensuring each project is delivered safely, within budget and to the agreed programme.
Health & Safety
- Setting the tone and mindset for the team and supply chain to ensure Health and Safety are the priority for all on site.
- Work with the H&S Team to complete the Construction Phase Health and Safety Plan and ensure it is maintained throughout the project.
- Conducting and recording regular (minimum weekly) site inspections of our works and others to ensure standards are being maintained.
- Maintain a relationship with the client, GC and internal H&S team to ensure that standards are met and procedures are followed.
- Complete the project Quality Plan, ensure it is kept up to date and communicated to the project team
- Ensure Project managers complete Close Out Schedules for their areas and works packages.
- Ensure benchmark installations are completed and signed off.
- Work with the pre-construction and win work teams on occasion to complete bid documents and attend interviews where necessary.
- Review and develop understanding of project scope and complete design review taking into consideration Buildability, ‘Commissionability’ and Value Engineering opportunities.
- Agree package split and procurement strategy with Commercial lead and Senior Management.
- Develop list of suitable contractors for each sublet package and where necessary work with the team to complete PQQ and contractor assessment.
- Complete Tender Analysis of all contractor return
- Complete buildability and value engineering reviews with the internal and external teams and ensure that all opportunities to improve the design, de-risk the schedule and minimise cost are identified.
- Ensure Package Managers are following procedures with RFI’s, Technical Submittals and Drawing Submission to achieve approval.
- Work with the Design Manager to produce and maintain the design schedule and associated Information Required Schedule.
- Ensure design workshops are held between the project team, the GC team and the client team as necessary.
- Have a full understanding of the scope of works and contract documents.
- Ensure Package Managers and Site Managers are appointed to oversee works for which they are qualified/experienced to manage.
- Participate in project recruitment to ensure the correct level of expertise and experience is present among the project team.
- Ensure the team are clear on the scope of works, the schedule of works and the interfaces with other contractors.
- With senior management, ensure that a robust sub-contractor and vendor supply chain is established for the project.
- Ensure that you are familiar with the requirements of the CDM Regulations
- Manage labour look ahead schedules with your package managers to ensure that labour is planned well ahead of the forthcoming works.
- Manage material look ahead schedules with your package managers to ensure that material orders are well planned ahead of forthcoming works.
- Overall responsibility for commercial success of project.
- With senior management set out and agree the project procurement strategy.
- Work with the commercial lead to set up the tender event schedule and ensure that the results are communicated to the team.
- Work with the commercial lead in developing and issuing both upstream and downstream applications/orders.
- Work closely with commercial lead to manage project financial status.
- Ensure that the project team are tracking and logging variations to the contract.
- Work with commercial lead, package managers and design manager in assessing and valuing variations to the contract.
- Ensure that labour and material orders are tracked and forecast accurately.
- Ensure plant hire is monitored and planned to suit the construction schedule
Skills & Experience
Experience at PM level
- Industry experience. Track record of successful projects either internally or externally.
- In-depth knowledge of the construction process, both new build and fit out.
- Understands the pre-construction process.
- Can organise and manage the design phase of a project.
- Able to collate information from his team to prepare and present the project report.
- Has been involved at a senior level in at least one large (£20m+) project.
- Understanding of how to comply with a Health & Safety policy and Health & Safety management system
- Recognised qualification in construction
- Recognised form of health & safety training
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search