Senior Quantity Surveyor
Website AdvanceTRS Advance TRS Ltd
Specialist recruiters for the built environment.
* Senior Quantity Surveyor
* London Area
An exciting opportunity to join one of Europe’s biggest Rail contractors. The role for a Senior Quantity Surveyor would see you placed into one of the London Regions major projects, offering your commercial expertise, with unrivalled opportunities for progression and professional growth.
Based out of a number of key London Locations, you would be responsible for large sections of work, with the opportunity to manage a small team of staff, supported by the Project Commercial Manager and Regional Commercial Teams.
Senior Quantity Surveyor has a key Commercial role supporting the Lead Commercial Manager or Commercial Manager, and the Project and Bid Management, and interfaces with all other supporting disciplines.
Key areas for this role are:
1. Commercial management expertise and provide guidance on contract administration
2. Provide guidance on Contract documentation and a working knowledge of Risk management
3. Data / Record Management expertise
4. Provide guidance on Project financial control and reporting
5. Working knowledge of Tendering and pre-contract work
6. Business planning and Achieving Results
7. Business Awareness and Client care / development
8. Communication and negotiation
9. Team management / motivation / support
* Manage the client payment cycle up to and including Final Account including the Project Change Account to maximise income, improve margin and achieve best possible cash flow position. Maintain Sub-contractor accounts from project start up, checking that detailed and well-structured sub-contracts are in place, through to final account. Manage the accurate reporting of liabilities. Pay sub-contractors and issue notices strictly in accordance with contractual and legal requirements.
* Implement the required actions in Project Commercial Management Plans. Identify and provide guidance on commercial best practice. Provide clear guidance on contract conditions, assessing contractual opportunities and risks arising from all the project documentation. Review project-level Risks and advise on avoidance and mitigation proposals recorded in registers.
* Manage actions in compliance with project systems for recording progress and delays, change management, collection of measurement information and relevant contemporaneous records. Prepare event registers, carry out timely actions and develop entitlement documentation.
* Contribute fully to the production of Monthly Project Reviews and Work Package Management Reviews, whilst advising on forecasts and possible outcomes within acceptable best/worst case scenarios.
* Explanatory assessment of specific contract review documentation produced during the tender and estimating process.
* Contribute to the achievement of corporate targets and budget within the Project Commercial Team. Implement the required actions which align with the commercial management strategy.
* Provide support and advice to the Commercial Managers and Project Teams on specified commercial topics. Develop beneficial relationships with the Client, within Project Teams, with sub-contractors and suppliers. Review Commercial processes and procedures to ensure they enhance Alstom’s commitment to continuous improvement.
* Represent the Commercial team at Project and client meetings. Manage the negotiation of subcontract disputes, in line with agreed commercial strategy, in order to achieve early resolution (within 3 months of identification) and avoid escalation to formal dispute resolution procedures.
* Contribute to the management of the commercial team, identifying and allocating outstanding tasks to be completed within the responsibility matrix.
* Contribute to staff reviews to identify their training and development needs and support their improved performance.
* Strong customer liaison focus.
* Good interpersonal skills
* Able to communicate clearly with all levels.
* Ability to Work under pressure and to deadlines.
* Educated to degree level.
* Up to date Continuing Professional Development records.
* Substantial experience working in contracting commercial department.
* Able to provide guidance on construction industry standard forms of contract and commercial terms.
* Able to provide guidance on Quantification, costing of construction works and task elemental cost analysis.
* Able to provide guidance on the determination of scope of work through the interpretation of the contract documents.
* Working knowledge of Planning and the use of programmes in the management of construction works.
* Working knowledge of Conflict avoidance, management and dispute resolution procedures
* Appreciation of accounting concepts and the format and preparation of management and company accounts
* Appreciation of Health, Safety and Sustainability matters relative to the industry.
* Technical or Associate membership recognition by a Quantity Surveying institution and working towards full membership status
* Working on Multi-discipline Design and construct contracts.
* Employed within a Rail environment.
* Developing people management experience.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search