Senior Quantity Surveyor
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Required to join one of the UK’s leading home-builders, working on one large Multi-phase development based in either Angmering or Horsham.
Flexi Working/ Working Routine:
1 day a week on site – 2/3 Days in the Dorking Head office (New fit out, great working environment).
Mon – Thursday 8:30am – 5:PM
Friday 8:30am – PM
Key Responsibilities & Duties
- Preparation of reports as required
- Monitoring changes to continuously identify the status of costs
- Liaising with all members of the project team, including but not limited to construction, technical, sales, finance, and customer service
- Ensure procurement of all subcontract elements of the development are completed in accordance with the company requirements and sustainability objectives
- Preparing selected tender list for approval
- Holding and taking minutes of Subcontract Post-Tender and Pre-Order Meetings
- Preparing subcontract documentation
- Raising subcontractor payments and ensuring associated notices and documentation are issued in a timely manner
- Forecasting value of design variations
- Producing subcontractor instructions
- Agreeing final accounts with subcontractors
- Fully completing monthly cost reports for approval
- Surveying Degree or equivalent experience
- Working knowledge of current Building Regulations and current NHBC standards
- Demonstrate an understanding and appreciation of the wider aims of the business
- Knowledge of standard forms of contract
- Computer literate, specifically with Outlook, word, excel.
- Ability to work under own initiative, managing conflicting demands in a time pressurised environment
- Extremely organised and confident with the ability to plan own and team workload
- Ability to challenge current ways of working with innovative ideas and solutions
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search