Senior Surveyor (Property Flood Resilience)
Property Flood Resilience Surveyor
£32,000 – £44,000
Due to a large increase on ongoing projects, my client is looking to bring in a Surveyor to work on projects around their Bedford office.
You will Manage and deliver Property Flood Resilience (PFR) projects to achieve relevant goals and objectives in accordance with company policy and business plan and assist with the development and delivery of the PFR business plan for the Flood Risk Management sector.
The role responsibilities include but not limited to:
– Delivering a property level flood risk assessment which clearly summarises the available hazard information to determine the likelihood and severity of flooding from different sources to inform the selection and design of PFR measures.
– Survey buildings and sites at risk from flooding to verify sources and pathways of flood risk, identify routes of ingress, existing level of resilience, drying & decontamination needs and conduct on-site sampling of ground conditions if required
– Question building/site owners and end users to determine PFR preferences and capability to deploy PFR measures.
– Based on the outputs from the hazard assessment and property/site survey, produce a detailed PFR options development and design agreed by all parties which will inform the installation of appropriate PFR measures.
– Manage PFR contracts on behalf of clients including producing contract documents (specifications, bill of quantities, CDM risk assessments etc.) and supervising delivery of services by suppliers/ contractors in accordance with the contract.
– Carry out checks and a Post Installation Assessment to assess whether the PFR construction work operates effectively as designed. Also check users have all relevant information and know any operation and maintenance needs.
– Manage and attend community events to promote and demonstrate PFR Measures and encourage participation in PFR schemes.
– Works to deliver projects to specified quality, time and expenditure budgets, feeding back challenges or opportunities to maximise business revenue in a timely manner.
– Develop and deliver training in PFR using the most appropriate method including e-learning, webinars and traditional classroom.
Requirements for the position:
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in Flood Risk Management and specifically including experience in Property Flood Resilience.
- 2+ years’ leading and managing projects.
- 1+ years’ experience developing and delivering training
- 2+ years’ experience in a relevant professional consultancy.
Skills in role:
- A self-motivated team player, able to lead, motivate, guide and develop teams and individuals.
- Trustworthy, reliable and resilient self-starter.
- Demonstrates a flexible and logical approach with a committed attitude.
- Strives for excellence and engenders a culture of continual improvement.
- Good business/commercial acumen, target and sales oriented with good contractual awareness, negotiating skills and diplomacy.
- Strong organisational skills and attention to detail with a proven ability to plan project tasks and own work.
- Excellent verbal and written communicator, able to convey sometimes complex issues succinctly in plain English.
- A credible and effective trainer able to develop and present engaging material to achieve agreed learning outcomes.
- Competent in the use of relevant IT and software, able to guide and approve others work.
- Good personal drive to succeed with a willingness to learn. Receptive to feedback and new ideas.
- Punctual and resilient with good customer service skills
Qualifications in role
- Degree in relevant engineering or scientific subject (e.g. civil engineering, environmental science, Geography, Building Surveying).
- Working towards Chartered Status with a relevant professional institute (e.g. RICS or CIWEM)
- PFR Code of Practice certification for surveyors.
- Valid full UK driving licence
- Accredited Flood Asset Inspector
- Introduction to PSRA
- Water Safety Training
- Relevant qualification in managing projects and programmes.
- Relevant training qualifications.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search