Signalling Construction Manager
Technical recruiters for the built environment
A new opportunity has arisen for a Construction Manager, as Construction Manager you will be responsible for the management of site construction activities from tender to commissioning supported by Installation Managers across multiple signalling projects. Safely delivering the allocated project programmes to time, budget, quality and the resource plan.
The Construction Manager shall lead by example and take ownership for the successful delivery of all installation activities on the allocated projects. Effectively managing resources – people, time, plant, materials and subcontractors to achieve higher productivity and lower unit cost across all allocated projects. Effectively communicate task requirements to staff, motivating staff, including sub-contractors, empowering all team members to achieve their plan and growth targets.
The role of Construction Manager will report on a day to day basis to the Project Manager and may be responsible for numerous projects of installation staff and contractors.
He/she will liaise professionally with internal project staff and the clients’ representatives at as required.
- Tender planned signalling installation works as part of the overall project tendering process
- Scope and review subcontract installation packages of works
- Plan project activities to suit access and project deliverables
- Deliver the project programme to time, quality and resource plan
- Delivery of the project to forecasted costs, regular reporting and detailed cost control measures
- Liaise with the customer on the project building successful delivery relationships
- Safety Leadership – to lead by example in project site safety
- Change control – ability to recognise and highlight change to the project team, cost, control and deliver
- Effectively communicate task requirements to staff
- Full driving Licence
- Business / cost awareness
- Health, Safety & Environmental responsibilities
- Contract legislation
- Computer literate in Excel/Word
- Installation Manager IRSE Licence
- Valid PTS ac/dc certificate
- Emergency First Aid
- Manual Handling
- OLEC 1
- Knowledge of contract conditions
- Financial and commercial knowledge
- Report writing
- Driving Licence
- ONC or equivalent in Elec. Engineering
- Member of IRSE
- Installation manager Licence
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search