Signalling Principles Designer
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Signalling Principles Designer based in Derby. The Signalling Principles Designer will work with some of the latest signalling equipment on the market and be part of a growing team with a great working ethos and support the Designer Delivery Manager or Responsible Engineer with design assurance activities.
The successful candidate will undertake Signalling Design and System Engineering activities supporting the Signalling Design Projects within the SS&I business. The Signalling Principles Designer will also produce and deliver delivery strategies and risk analysis.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Producing safety related Signalling design deliverables at a principle and system level
- Support the Responsible Engineer with the identification of operational risks, construction risk, maintenance, and system risk within design
- Mentor, coach, and train other Designers, including IRSE assessments, when required
- Identify best practise signalling processes
- Maintaining competencies and ensuring licenses are accurate and up to date
- Application of Signalling Design Process at principle and system level
- Application of CDM (Construction, Design and Management Regulations)
- Application of the RSSB (Rail Safety and Standards Board)
- Knowledge of CSM (Common Safety Method)
- 1.1 550 IRSE Signalling Principles Designer License
- HNC/HND in an engineering discipline
- Awareness of project commercial and financial process
- Valid PTS (Personal Track Safety) Certification
- Membership of the IRSE (Institute of Railway Signalling Engineers)
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Jake Rodger at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
Visit our website for more information about opportunities to join Alstom or how we can support your next career move.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search