Technical recruiters for the built environment
Site Agents – Water Sector
Location – Thames Valley
Permanent – £40,000-£55,000 + Car/Allowance and package
My client is looking for Site Agents at all levels to join their team to deliver Thames Water Framework projects.
You will be managing projects within the Infrastructure Business Unit in the Water streams from contract award through to completion – achieving acceptable financial outcomes whilst adhering to the quality, safety and environmental policies.
You will report to either the Contracts Manager or Project Manager depending on the value and complexity of project and personal experience/ability.
What you will be doing:
* Resource allocation and management of Site staff.
* Reporting to the senior Manager on Department budget control procedures for contracts and progress against programme.
* Ensuring safe systems of work and the Company Safety Policy are practiced.
* Enforcement and monitoring of the Division’s Quality Assurance and Environmental systems.
* Management of projects/contracts.
* Communication at all levels regarding progress of projects.
* Line management/supervision for Sub Agents & General Foreman.
* Indirectly supervise Site Engineer, Foreman and Gangers.
What you will need:
* Essential: Civil Engineering/Construction management degree
* Desirable: Chartered status or approaching.
* Evidence of relevant post-graduation practical training e.g., attendance on courses for Form of Contracts, Formwork/Falsework Appreciation, Concrete Technology, H & S Management etc.
* Possesses proven experience on challenging and diverse projects with major clients
* Proven experience from engineering background demonstrating progress to Site Agent through career development with both theoretical and practical experience.
* Site qualifications: CSCS card, SMSTS (5 day), First Aid at Work (4 day), National Water Hygiene card.
What they can offer you:
* Competitive salary
* Car / Car allowance
* 26 days annual leave (with the opportunity to buy or sell up to 3 days holiday)
* Private medical insurance for yourself (with the option to buy family cover)
* Life Assurance
* Defined contribution pension scheme matched up to 8%
* 2 days volunteering opportunities
* Flexible and Agile working (dependent on your role)
* Employee Assistance Programme
* Professional membership fees
* Flexible Benefits scheme which includes the opportunity to purchase benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search