Technical recruiters for the built environment
Alstom are looking for curious and innovative people who are passionate about working together to reinvent mobility, making it smarter and more sustainable. Alstom creates smart innovations to meet the mobility challenges of today and tomorrow. Joining Alstom means joining a truly global community of more than 75,000 people dedicated to solving real-world mobility challenges and achieving international projects with sustainable local impact.
Working for Alstom, a market leader with the most up-to-date technology, you will have the opportunity to learn, develop and grow in a thriving, technical company with the chance to progress quickly. Benefit from a nurturing culture of inclusive and collaborative innovation, joining a team of the right talents to solve real-world mobility challenges and invent the transport systems of tomorrow.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Systems Engineer based in York. The Systems Engineer will assist in ensuring that tools and processes remain fit for purpose and enable continuous improvement.
The successful candidate will participate in the development and improvement of tools and processes within the business.
Key Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Ensure delivery of standardised objectives and system solutions on allocated projects
- Work with the Systems Engineering Manager to establish matters of best practise
- Support projects in the field but providing second line product support to customers
- Participate in the development of new systems solutions
- Delivery of project solutions ensuring focus on reliability, maintainability, and safety principles
- HND level education in an engineering related subject such as electrical engineering, software, or systems engineering
- Knowledge of the UK railway safety approval processes
- Knowledge of systems engineering principles
- Experience with technical report writing
- Commercial and financial awareness
- Member of an engineering institute
- High degree of computer and software literacy
For further information on this fantastic opportunity contact Sam Blair at Advance TRS
Advance TRS are RPO partners for Alstom’s permanent staff recruitment drive of rail signalling management, engineering and installation professionals in York, Derby, Birmingham, London, and Bristol, as part of CP6.
Advance TRS is a niche recruitment consultancy specialising in the provision of highly skilled technical professionals for the built environment. We pride ourselves on our ability to deliver an exceptional level of customer service and seek to create long-lasting, dependable relationships.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search