Job Role: Technical Author – Environment
Salary: £35,000 – £45,000 + package
Location: West Sussex
My client is looking for a Technical Author to work on their Southern Water Frameworks within their Environment Business.
About the Role:
- Understand contract specific requirements for Operation & maintenance (O&M) and Asset Integration manuals (AIM).
- Work with the project teams to ensure the relevant documentations are gathered e.g., control philosophy (CP), Functional Design Specification (FDS), schedules, drawings, certification etc for inclusion into the O&M manuals.
- Work with the relevant suppliers’ and subcontractors to ensure the necessary information for incorporation into the O&M manuals is provided.
- Prepare graphics as necessary for the O&M manuals.
- Prepare narrative and pictorial guide for the operation of treatment plants.
- Work with the Asset Integrator to prepare, gather and collate information for the Asset Integration Manuals.
- Prepare both manuals and issue to submit to Southern Water in accordance with their standards and to programme.
- Attend meetings with Southern Water, subcontractors and suppliers as required.
- Work with and update the project teams on the status of the manuals highlighting any key issues which may delay final completion.
- Ensure early involvement and engagement with the commissioning teams and Southern Water’s own standard asset maintenance tasks.
- Review and identify any discrepancy between subcontractor/supplier maintenance tasks and inform Southern Water accordingly of bespoke equipment that may not be captured in their Maintenance Task Manual (MTM).
- Identify and implement continuous improvement and lessons learnt to improve business efficiency.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of working in a similar role.
- Knowledge of water and wastewater treatment processes preferred.
- Educated to BTech/ONC level, with a very high standard of written English.
- Need to have a bright demeanour with good Communication Skills
- Good general IT skills including software using Word, Excel Adobe etc. and other document management systems.
- Good written and oral communication skills with the ability to concisely present information
- Organised and self-motivated
- Enjoy working with precision, to detail and to tight time deadlines.
- Good administrative skills
- Team player
- CSCS or equivalent Card preferred.
- 28 days holiday entitlement, increasing with years of service, plus the opportunity to purchase further holidays.
- A wide range of corporate discounts.
- Cycle to Work schemes.
- Comprehensive pension plan.
- Regular Save as You Earn share purchase scheme.
- Private medical scheme options are available for all salaried employees and our employee assistance programme also provides free 24/7 support to those who need it.
- Paid for yearly membership to one recognised professional association relevant to your role.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search