Water Sampling Lead
Website AdvanceTRS Advance Training and Recruitment Services
Technical recruiters for the built environment
Job title: Water Sampling Lead
Job location: Remote / field-based activity across England (50/50 split)
Salary: £40-50k experience dependent.
Grade: Senior (Circa 8y post grad experience in water sampling / ISO:17025)
Job purpose: Responsible for maintaining sampling accreditation to ISO:17025
- To maintain ISO:17025 accreditation for IWNL’s sampling function.
- Work alongside the Water Regulations Lead, manage the water sampling and regulations field team.
- To create and maintain appropriate:
- water quality and company systems
- processes and procedures
- sampling and analysis programmes
- data management
- reporting systems
- To create and deliver the compliance and operational sampling programme to ISO:17025 standards.
- Identify and manage any deviations from procedures and policies and report these at Sampling Management Review Meetings. Where necessary, escalate any non-conformances to the Head of Water Regulation and Compliance.
- Alongside the Water Compliance Manager, to manage the relationship with the laboratory providing analysis services.
- To create and deliver an audit and training programme to people undertaking sampling.
- To develop relationships with stakeholders, including the DWI, UKAS and analysis laboratories.
- Provide technical support to other teams about water quality breaches and investigations.
- Oversee the development of databases and PowerBI reporting tools for water sampling.
- Provide coaching and mentoring to both direct and indirect reports.
- Any other duties as required by the Head of Water Regulation and Compliance.
- Deputise for the Head of Water Regulation and Compliance as required.
- Degree level in appropriate technical discipline
- Full driving licence
- Technically competent in Microsoft Excel.
- Working towards or registered with an appropriate professional institution.
- A good understanding of the ISO:17025 standard for water sampling.
- Experience of coaching staff.
- Experience of running training and audit programs and making practical recommendations for improvements.
- Experience of educating stakeholders on matters related to accreditation requirements.
- Able to maintain a helpful and customer focussed work environment.
- Line management experience.
- An understanding of the regulatory and operational requirements surrounding water quality
- The ability to analyse facts.
- Be able to handle multiple tasks and meet deadlines.
- Able to provide accurate quality work within department and company.
- Exceptional communication and report writing skills.
- Strong knowledge of the full Microsoft suite of software.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Why have an account with us?
As well as making it quicker and easier to apply for our jobs, if you register for an account with us, you will also be able to:
- Shortlist jobs
- See all the jobs you’ve applied for in one place
- Set up job alerts
- Access additional information to support your job search