Document Control / Office Manager / Commercial Assistant – Sutton
My client, a small M&E Building Services business are currently looking to recruit someone to join their business to assist with all elements of document control, administration and commercial support.
You will work closely with the business directors to be on top of tenders, current projects and old projects to ensure documentation are up to date. You will be the go to person and assist with any area required to support the administration within the business, to assist the project team to deliver their projects smoothly.
This will suit someone who has worked in the construction sector for a number of years, is confident to work on their own rather than alongside other admin and document control support and for someone who wants to be a “right hand individual” to the directors, having a huge involvement in the running of the business.
Initially you will be expected to be based in their Sutton office, Monday to Friday. You will be trained in their business, processes and expectations and once settled there will be scope to work flexible hours, and hybrid working.
Ideal candidates will live in the Sutton area and be experienced enough to hit the ground running
Varied experience across general document control, administration and tenders PQQs, commercial would be ideal.
Salary is up to £40,000 depending on experience.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Book travel and accommodation as required by the team
- Book meetings and arrange refreshments
- Check, manage and report and unmatched invoices
- Issuing timely reports to the Commercial Team, Project Team and Project Support Lead.
- Maintaining stationery levels and ordering as required
- Update Environmental Waste Management register
- Provide weekly payroll submission based on collating data from labour allocation sheets
- Manage new starters and submit relevant information to the HR team
- Manage purchased, operated hire, off hires of material as required on site
- Raise material requisitions as required by the project team on the Coins system
- Maintaining training register with employees competencies and check for out of date, refresher requirements
- Manage document control systems, ensuring accurate storage and organisation of project documentation.
- Oversee health and safety documentation, including method statements and toolbox talks.
- Assist in procurement of materials and plant equipment, tracking deliveries and collections.
- Support the Business Development team in the creation and preparation of bids and proposal
- Processing, tracking and storage of sub-contract documentation (authorisation forms / executed sub-contracts / Variation Forms / Final Account Statements)
- Processing of subcontractor retention releases.
- Office based in Sutton. Parking available on site, or walking distance from Sutton station
- Must have previous experience in the rail, or civil engineering sectors
- Must be an experience document controller, administrator
- Must be able to work as the sole admin / document control support
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.