Job Role: Site Engineer
Rate: £350 – £400 / day (Permanent also considered)
Location: Stafford (Site based)
My client is a leading Engineering and Construction company, delivering design-and-build projects with clients in the water sector and beyond, across the UK. There is a current availability for Site Engineers to join the team to work on a variety of schemes on the Severn Trent Water framework.
You will be reporting to the Site Agent/ Manager and will be managing the day-to-day quality assurance, including surveying, setting out duties, quality checks and approvals. You’ll also be assisting the site management teams with all aspects of health, safety and environmental management.
About the Role:
* Checking plans, drawings and setting out co-ordination, seeking assurance through the TQ process for any anomalies ahead of execution.
* Quality control assurance through the management of digital Inspection & Test Records in accordance with the Project Inspection & Test Plan.
* Preparation of documentation for handover including as-built-records.
* Completing material take-offs both for orders and future forecasting.
* Contributing to the safe execution of the works including attendance at Safe Start briefings, involvement in RAMS production and cascade, LOLER, PUWER, reporting of Positive Interventions, Permits, Temporary Works, etc.
* Understanding where your tasks sit within the programme and being engaged in the 3 levels of planning to ensure efficient delivery.
* Supporting the site agent with day to day running of the project, this may include ordering plant/materials, costing resource, debating delivery sequence/logic, etc.
* The management of change control.
* Having a proactive approach to resolving any unexpected technical difficulties and other problems that may arise
* Have previous setting out (Total Stations, GPS, etc) and quality control experience in the delivery of construction projects.
* UK Water project experience is essential
* Experience of working in collaborative teams that deliver with integrity.
* Good knowledge & experience of AutoCAD.
* A positive and proactive attitude to the management of health, safety, environment and quality processes.
* Training accreditations are desirable i.e. CSCS, SMSTS.
* Some knowledge of temporary works albeit this does not mean being Supervisor or Co-Ordinator trained.
To discuss this role in more detail please call me on 07534579078 for a confidential discussion or email your enquiry and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity in our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, colour, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.