Advance TRS’s latest charity fundraising activity was somewhat less strenuous than our usual extreme challenges for good causes. The team competed in a company ‘Bake Off’ to raise money for Macmillian Cancer Support.
Everyone made a fantastic effort to support the team Bake Off, bringing in impressive home bakes, donating or just eating! Our judges ate their way through 10 different bakes before judging Chantal’s Advance TRS inspired cake and Steve’s surprisingly tasty New Zealand apple cake the very worthy winners!
The main controversy of the morning still remains – did Mick bake the cake or is Mrs Schruyers to thank…?
Macmillian Cancer Support
Macmillian takes the time to understand the support people need to live their lives as fully as they can. From the moment of diagnosis and whenever they’re most needed, Macmillian here to help people find their best way through. Their help is totally focused on each individual person, so everyone receives the support that’s best for them.
- Every day around 1,000 people across the UK will find out that they have cancer
- It’s now estimated that half of all people will receive a cancer diagnosis at some point in their lives.
- Breast cancer is the most common cancer in the UK, with an average of around 150 cases diagnosed every day
- Prostate cancer is the most common cancer in men, with 330,000 men living with prostate cancer in the UK.
People living with Cancer in the workforce:
- In 2015, there were an estimated 890,000 people of working age living with cancer in the UK. This is set to increase to 1,150,000 by 2030.
- An estimated 1 in 3 people living with cancer are of working age.
- 85% of people with cancer who were employed when diagnosed say it was important for them to continue work after diagnosis.